What is a Concierge??
So what exactly is a #Concierge or a #SeniorConcierge? What do they do and who do they do it for? These are good questions and I’ll give you some answers here today. A concierge is: a caretaker, a custodian, a janitor, often the owner’s representative.
In today’s modern world, it takes on the definition of #apersonalassistant, #ahelper, #anerrandrunner and #muchmore. A Senior Concierge is someone who works specifically with an older demographic, typically helping them with day to day or weekly tasks that they need just a little bit of help with to help ease the burden from the family or to help retain their independence. Below are some of the tasks a concierge might perform.
1. Drop off and pick up services, like dry cleaning, prescriptions library books
2. Banking errands
3. Take your pet to the vet
4. Merchandise purchases and returns
5. Gift shopping/Grocery shopping
6. Service your car
7. Medical/beauty appointments
8. Home organization-organize your office or your closet
9. House cleaning
10. Meal preparation
11. Companionship, someone to walk with and talk with.
12. Wardrobe organizing
13. Working with outside services, such as landscapers, plumbers, electricians, carpet cleaners, etc.
14. Holiday Prep/Shopping/Gift Wrapping
15. Bill pay
#HouseSitting House sitting for snowbirds or travelers.
16. House checkups – daily or less frequently
17. Plant maintenance
18. Pet care Personal Assistant –
19. Schedule appointments
20. Research – Find house parts, best resorts, special events, tours, local restaurants, service vendors such as home repair, etc.
21. Dog walking
22. Pet sitting
23. Tech Support –
24. Computer tutoring and assistance
25. Update software
26. Setup new computer, tablet or smartphone Transportation –
27. Shuttle services for medical appointments, social events, etc.
28. Pet taxi – drop off and pick up pets at vet or groomers .
29. Chauffeur services
30. Drop off and pick up client’s vehicle for routine service, such as oil changes or a car wash
31. Airline reservations
32. Hotel or resort reservations
33. Rental car reservations
34. Research destination information, such as resorts, for clients Waiting Services –
35. Waiting for deliveries, such as appliances
36. Waiting for home repair and maintenance services, like a plumber
37. Waiting at shop while vehicle is being serviced or repaired
38. Waiting in line to get tickets for events